|The Assistant Storekeeper is responsible to the Supply Officer/Junior Supply Officer for performing Supply Department functions assigned in accordance with COMSCINST 3120 and 4000.2 series directives and Program Specific Directives. Follows procurement, receipt, storage, Quality Assurance (QA) and expenditure procedures for all types of material. This includes proper material identification, handling, inventory management, warehousing, packaging, and transportation.
Procures all shipboard requirements using Government/Commercial sources. Assists with configuration validations; processes and updates Allowance Change Requests (ACRs), Fleet COSAL Feedback Reports (FCFBRs) and Configuration Change Reports (CCRs) as directed. Assists with handling of Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) as directed. Also assists in the Supply Department requirement of monthly Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) inventories and their submission to Global Stock Control(GSC). Assists in the proper use of Supply automated programs.
Everything in this Position Description is considered to be an essential function of this position. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a valid United States citizen of at least 18 years of age and possess and maintain valid:
- U.S. Passport with minimum of seven (7) months remaining before expiration date; AND
- United States Coast Guard (USCG) Merchant Mariner’s Credential (MMC), with a minimum of ten (10) months remaining before expiration date.
- MMC endorsement(s): Ordinary Seaman, Wiper and Steward Department (FH).
- Must have one (1) of the following:
- One year experience as a current Supply Utilityman
- Military experience in a supply/logistics rating (E-4 or above); OR
- Documented Commercial Warehousing/InventoryManagement experience.