The Yeoman Storekeeper is responsible to the Supply Officer or Master/OIC (if serving as independent duty) performing all supply department functions assigned in accordance with COMSCINST 3120 and 4000.2 series, directives and program specific directives, maintenance of records, correspondence, reports, returns. The Yeoman Storekeeper is responsible for material identification for both government and commercial items, material expenditures, shipments and surveys. He/she is also responsible for processing Material Requirements External (MRE) transactions, this includes logging on to the system, processing of customer requirements, issues for own ships use, and complete transactions via warehouse processing.
- Must be a United States citizen of at least 18 years of age and possess and maintain valid:
- U.S. Passport with minimum of seven (7) months remaining before expiration date; AND
- United States Coast Guard (USCG) Merchant Mariner’s Credential (MMC), with a minimum of ten (10) months remaining before expiration date.
- MMC endorsement(s): Ordinary Seaman, Wiper and Steward Department (FH).
- One (1) year of specialized experience, including the administration of supply operations, and performing receipt, issue, stowage and inventory of all types of material. Related experience must have been one (1) of the following:
- Permanent Assistant Yeoman Storekeeper; OR
- Military experience in a SK or LS rating (E-5 or above); OR
- Equivalent experience obtained in other government, uniformed, or Merchant Marine service.