Direct Hiring Authority
Military Sealift Command is actively recruiting for Marine Transportation and has direct hiring authority to fill these positions under Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates. Visit USAJOBs.com for Job Opportunity Announcement for position requirements and application submission instructions.
Marine Transportation Specialist duties involve administering, supervising, or performing work involving ship operating policies, monitoring readiness and reporting requirements. Marine Transportation Specialists at Military Sealift Command serve as the front-line in answering operational questions concerning MSC ships worldwide. A Marine Transportation Specialist can be assigned to one of several specialized Divisions within the MSC Operations and Plans Directorate to include:
- Global Force Management Division
- Fleet Operations Division
- Strategic Sealift Division
- Readiness and Exercise Division
- Force Protection Division
- Ships Deck and Engine maintenance requirements/analysis
- Port engineering administration
- Maintenance applications, data and analysis
To learn more about requirements specific to this position, visit USAJobs. In all cases, to be eligible for a career with MSC, you must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.