This position is not currently open.
Average Annual Salary: $95,714
This is the average annual salary not the base pay featured in the job opportunity announcement. All calculations include CIVMAR total take-home pay (including overtime, penalty, etc.).
Assistant Damage Control Officer/Medical (ADCO/M) provides training, oversight, and shipboard medical support services. ADCO/M may be assigned to a MSC training center, with an Afloat Training Team, in a medical office, or at a field site. Duties shall include but are not limited to: conducting training and/or ship’s drills; developing and revising all aspects of medical, as well as, damage control and firefighting training courses, lesson plans, student and instructor guides, and other training materials; writing and interpreting drill reports with recommendations; providing technical advice concerning medical department functions; acting as safety observer during shipboard drill evolutions; repairing training and servicing medical training equipment, as necessary. ADCO/M report to a Damage Control Team Leader (DCTL). Candidates selected may be required to sail 30-45 days on annual basis during high relief request seasons and mission related exigencies. Incumbent assigned to support T-ARS and AT-ATF vessels may also be required to sail aboard those vessels as Medical Service Officer (MSO) when they are towing. When assigned aboard ship, ADCO/M come under the administrative supervision of the ship’s Master.
Everything in this position description is considered to be an essential function of this position. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements: Must be a United States citizen of at least 18 years of age and possess and maintain:
U.S. Passport with a minimum of seven months of expiration date.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) and/or Department of Defense (DOD) Common Access Card (CAC) with a minimum of ten (10) months remaining of expiration.
- United States Coast Guard (USCG) Merchant Mariner’s Credential (MMC), with a minimum of ten months remaining of expiration date.
Position Specific Requirements:
- USCG Merchant Mariners Credential (MMC) and Certificate of Registry endorsed as: “Physician’s Assistant”, “Registered Nurse”, or “Hospital Corpsman”.
- STCW Certificate with respective certifications included with the USCG MMC or Certificate of Registry (COR).
- Documentation of completion of all certifications required by the MSC Safety Management System for MSO.