This position is not currently open.
Salary: $36,463 - $41,015
The Assistant Storekeeper is a Civil Service Mariner (CIVMAR) employed by the Navy to serve the Military Sealift Command (MSC) onboard naval auxiliaries and hybrid-manned warships worldwide, in peace and war. MSC exists to support the joint warfighter across the full spectrum of military operations. MSC provides on-time logistics, strategic sealift, as well as specialized missions anywhere in the world, in contested or uncontested environments.
The Assistant Storekeeper is responsible to the Supply Officer/Junior Supply Officer for performing Supply Department functions assigned in accordance with COMSCINST 3120 and 4000.2 series directives and Program Specific Directives. Follows procurement, receipt, storage, Quality Assurance (QA) and expenditure procedures for all types of material. This includes proper material identification, handling, inventory management, warehousing, packaging, and transportation. Procures all shipboard requirements using Government/Commercial sources. Assists with configuration validations; processes and updates Allowance Change Requests (ACRs), Fleet COSAL Feedback Reports (FCFBRs) and Configuration Change Reports (CCRs) as directed. Assists with handling of Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) as directed. Also assists in the Supply Department requirement of monthly Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) inventories and their submission to Global Stock Control (GSC). Assists in the proper use of Supply automated programs.
Everything in this Position Description is considered to be an essential function of this position. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements: Must be a United States citizen of at least 18 years of age and possess and maintain:
- U.S. Passport with a minimum of seven months of expiration date.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) and/or Department of Defense (DOD) Common Access Card (CAC) with a minimum of ten (10) months remaining of expiration.
- United States Coast Guard (USCG) Merchant Mariner’s Credential (MMC), with a minimum of ten months remaining of expiration date.
Position Specific Requirements:
- MMC endorsed as: Ordinary Seaman, Wiper or Stewards Department (FH) AND
Must have one of the following:
- One year experience as a current Supply Utilityman. OR
- Documented U.S. Military experience in a supply/logistics rating (E-4 or above). OR
- Documented Commercial Warehousing/Inventory Management experience.
Documented Experience must be on official letter head, form, or evaluation from current or previous employer that describes experience related to these duties. Document must include company name, applicant's name, and name with signature of company/agency official.