Direct Hiring Authority
Military Sealift Command is actively recruiting for Contract Specialist / Procurement Analyst and has direct hiring authority to fill these positions under Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates. Visit USAJOBs.com for Job Opportunity Announcement for position requirements and application submission instructions.
Contract Specialists at Military Sealift Command manage, supervise, perform, or develop policies and procedures for professional work involving the procurement of supplies, services, construction, or research and development using formal advertising or negotiation procedures; the evaluation of contract price proposals; and the administration or termination and close out of contracts. The work requires knowledge of the legislation, regulations, and methods used in contracting; and knowledge of business and industry practices, sources of supply, cost factors, and requirements characteristics. Contract Specialists may perform duties that may involve soliciting, evaluating, negotiating, and awarding contracts on the behalf of MSC, administering MSC contracts by assuring compliance with the terms and conditions of contracts, including:
- Resolution of problems concerning the obligations of the parties
- Terminating contracts by analyzing, negotiating, and settling claims and proposals
- Analyzing and evaluating cost or price proposals and accounting systems data
- Planning, establishing, or reviewing contracts, programs, policies, or procedures
- Formulating and administering policies and procedures to insure achievement of Federal socioeconomic goals, such as those affecting small business, labor surplus areas, and disadvantaged business firms
- Developing acquisition strategies and directing or managing procurements
- Providing staff advisory services in one or more of the specializations in this occupation
To learn more about requirements specific to this position, visit USAJobs. In all cases, to be eligible for a career with MSC, you must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.