Direct Hiring Authority
Military Sealift Command is actively recruiting for Naval Architects and has issued a direct hiring authority to fill these positions. Download the Job Opportunity Announcement for position requirements and application submission instructions.
Naval Architects manage, supervise, lead, and/or perform professional architectural, engineering, and scientific work relating to the form, strength, stability, performance, and operational characteristics of marine structures and waterborne vessels; and all types of naval crafts and ships operating on the sea surface. Naval Architects also perform duties related to:
- Structural analyses and load calculations, including Finite Element Analysis
- Develops detailed modification specifications
- Weight and cost estimates
- Technical review of Structural and arrangement drawings
- Damage Stability Analysis
- Intact stability analysis
- Ships' loading analysis
- Dry-docking calculations and analysis
- Inclining experiments and deadweight surveys
- Mooring analysis
To learn more about requirements specific to this position, visit USAJobs. In all cases, to be eligible for a career with MSC, you must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.