Information Technology Specialists at MSC manage, supervise, lead, administer, develop, deliver, and support information technology (IT) systems and services. Information Technology positions may be located in one of several Departments in the Military Sealift Command C4 Directorate with various specializations:
- Policy and Planning – Work that involves a wide range of IT management activities that typically extend and apply to an entire organization or major components of an organization.
- Information Security –Work that involves ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
- Systems Analysis –Work that involves applying analytical processes to the planning, design, and implementation of new and improved information systems to meet the business requirements of customer organizations.
- Network Services –Work that involves the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and/or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, and/or video format.
- Data Management – Work that involves the planning, development, implementation, and administration of systems for the acquisition, storage, and retrieval of data.
To learn more about requirements specific to this position, visit USAJobs. In all cases, to be eligible for a career with MSC, you must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.